Nervous about full-strength salve? Gentle Salve gives you a slower, kinder reaction. Its main ingredients are:
- Aloe Vera Gel
- Bloodroot (dried root of Sanguinaria canadensis)
- Zinc chloride
This salve is designed for a gentle action. It is also ideal for re-applications and resalving.
As with any salve, you should test it first on normal skin to satisfy yourself that it does no harm.
By definition, an escharotic compound contains a botanical ingredient and a caustic. Zinc chloride is the safest and most effective, as many doctors have attested. Its pH is not highly alkaline and cannot burn a hole in your skin! The pH of the salve is not far from neutral.
Additional ingredients that improves its action are:
- Chaparral (Larrea mexicata/tridentata)
- DMSO to increase transdermal transfer
- Galangal root (Alpinia officinarium)
- Graviola (Annona muricata)
- Glycerine (a humectant)
- Methylcellulose (thickener)