Many cancer patients and their loved ones look for alternative cancer treatments and self-care tips. There’s nothing to lose in trying everything to overcome this scary disease. If you feel that you have little or no control over your health, do not ever think about that. There are alternative cancer treatments and self-care tips you can benefit from.
Alternative Cancer Treatments
One of the popular alternative cancer treatments is bloodroot products in capsule or topical solution form. Bloodroot contains the active ingredient called sanguinarine. It has potent antioxidant contents that are used as an alternative medicine to treat skin cancer, remove skin growths, and benign tumours. The sanguinarine targets cancer cells without harming the healthy tissues and cells.
Zenith Herbal formulated two excellent bloodroot products, the Bloodroot capsules with Cat’s Claw and Papaya Extract and Bloodroot Salve with DMSO. The capsules with papaya extract is an alternative cancer treatment because it can inhibit the growth of cancer cells, especially in breast cancer. While the Cat’s Claw protects cancer patients receiving chemotherapy from low white blood cell counts.
As for the Bloodroot Salve with DMSO and Zinc Chloride, it is a popular alternative cancer treatment for skin cancer. The DMSO content is shown to inhibit the growth and spread of cancer cells. While zinc chloride is used as an escharotic treatment for skin cancer for tumor removal.
Why Self-Care Is Important During Cancer Treatment
Cancer as we all know, especially the advanced stages seems to be out of your control. The medical treatments are so demanding and may have unpleasant side effects. From chemotherapy, surgery to radiotherapy, it can make a cancer patient feel helpless, sad, or frustrated.
That is why self-care is important, it’s what you can gain control over. Only you can make decisions about how you take care of yourself. Through self-care, you can pay attention to what you need, strengthen your emotional health, and build mental resilience. Self-care during cancer treatment, may it be the traditional or alternative way, is vital for your happiness and overall health.
Best Self-Care Tips for Cancer Patients
- Slow down: Find a quiet time for your mind and body to rest. Avoid engaging in activities that may cause you to stress physically, emotionally, and mentally. This is your time of healing, slow down and take time to heal.
- Aromatherapy: Research shows that aromatherapy can reduces stress and improve the quality of life of cancer patients. Aromatic scents such as peppermint and lavender are helpful to manage the unpleasant side effects of cancer treatments.
- Do things you love: During this time, take care of yourself by doing things that you love. Read a book, bake cookies, watch your favourite stories, go for a walk and play with your pets.
- Write down your feelings: Do you have overwhelming emotions? Start writing down your feelings in a journal and reflect on your experience. Journaling is a beneficial self-care technique that promotes happiness, reduces stress, expresses thoughts, and can help you get to know yourself better.
- Follow a healthy lifestyle: Cancer is a life-threatening condition, and it’s stressful as it is. Right now, take care of yourself and take care of your health. Eat nourishing foods so your body can recover. Avoid foods and beverages that can worsen your cancer: like alcohol, processed meats, sweets, and salty foods. Get enough sleep, be physically active, and drink a lot of water.
- Be kind to yourself: Each cancer patient has a different experience when battling this disease. There is no right or wrong way to figure out how to be kind to yourself. Be grateful for all your life’s blessings, spend time with the people you love, wake up with a new purpose every day: that is to stay healthy.
On A Final Note
What you should do now? Try everything you can to battle cancer. With the alternative cancer treatments and self-care tips mentioned above, no disease is stronger than you. If it helps, seek from your friends, family, loved ones, support groups, and mental health professionals to overcome this disease the easy way. Self-care is an essential part of your cancer recovery, and you can do this. Just believe in yourself!